Mastering corporate strategy in a rapidly changing world
Business development strategy and corporate finance have never been more important – or under more pressure to anticipate an uncertain future. With constantly changing possibilities, how do you identify what matters most and ensure strategic decisions can be made and executed?
Senior management of all organisations face the twin imperatives of driving profits and doing good in an era when uncertainties (such as geopolitics, inflation, and climate transformation) and options (such as cheap capital and liquidity, risk assessment, technology, and data) are ever-increasing.
Business development strategy and execution is still vital to reach strategic goals, integrating roadmap elaboration, the gathering of key resources and teams, and partner and stakeholder mobilisation.
Organisations must be able to pivot swiftly to create disruption in the marketplace, shape new business models, and fulfil future client priorities with innovative offerings and multiple distribution channels.
Our approach to strategy and corporate finance
We focus on 3 main strategic axes:
- Business strategy and sourcing operates in a fast-paced world with multiple buyers, sellers and solutions.
- Finance functions are now strategic partners in helping organisations to stay ahead of the competition and fulfil their missions, staying on top of the number of decisions and volume of choices they are expected to make. Finance department is becoming critical in enabling corporate innovation journey, ESG transformation and non-organic growth (M&A, JV, Partnerships).
- Post-Merger Integration (PMI) often does not meet expectations given its inherent complexity, overestimation of the synergies, and underestimation of the integration’s pace. Common pitfalls are a lack of clear direction, PMO not in the driver seat, insufficient synergy definition, lack of thorough “Day One” planning, and human aspects not considered. Avertim believe a skilful blending of client “in-house” resources with external support is critical. Integration success rates can be increased significantly when the right PMI approach is deployed.
How Avertim can help you
We love the challenge of working with you on your most complex strategy and finance questions. We identify the real issues, uncover what matters most and assess how you are organised to make decisions and carry them out.
We provide customised advice and support to clients in defining, assessing, and activating their strategy and finance activities:
- Business strategy: market entry and expansion, business model definition, new product/service outline and roll-out, pricing models, benchmarking (products, organisation, profitability).
- Business adaptation: regulatory assessment and remediation, client journey reengineering.
- Business assessment: business-line audit, top-line review, benchmarking with peers.
- Strategic sourcing: due diligence of strategic third party resources (fintechs, tools, partner, technology), target operating model definition.
- Non-organic strategy: opportunity assessment and corporate due diligence.
- Finance function excellence: scarce resource assessment and optimization (capital, liquidity), budget elaboration and follow-up, C-level dashboard elaboration.
- Post-Merger integration: synergies’ deep-dive, PMI office design, steering governance, strategic clients handling, target process definition, communication plan.
Growth in 2022